Laurel Oak Bloodstock Services
Laurel Oak Bloodstock is a bloodstock agent that provides a comprehensive service to a private client base to participate in and enjoy racing and the thoroughbred industry.
We provide our clients a variety of ways in which to participate in and enjoy their racing involvement. These include providing opportunities to: –
- Race horses through ownership or lease with a very flexible range of share options designed to give all clients the opportunity to race horses at a level that works for them;
- Breed racehorses, principally on a commercial basis but occasionally on a breed-to-race basis;
- Attend major meetings including Melbourne Cup Week, Golden Slipper, Sydney Autumn, Cox Plate and others;
- Attend racedays, stable visits, industry events, Golf Days and other non-racing social events;
- Enjoy overseas tours that include a usually-annual Royal Ascot Tour and Hong Kong International Races Tour; a usually-biennial New Zealand Stud Tour and other Tours that in the past have included Ireland and the Irish Derby, Paris including racing, South Africa including the Durban July, Istanbul and Gallipoli, the USA;
- Enjoy racing through any other opportunity that we find that will enhance our clients’ experience.
We communicate with our clients via our newsletter and private client email list.
Brain Pedigree Analysis
Brain Pedigrees will help you have a greater chance of success by giving you the best information to make an informed decision. More
Adam Sangster of Swettenham Stud and the owners of Rebel Dane are delighted to announce that the dual Group One-winning stallion will stand at Swettenham Stud from the 2017 season. Rebel Dane will continue his racing career over the coming weeks in a number of Group One options that will be available to him in
Dual Gr1 winner Rebel Dane is not only preparing for the richest race of his career but he’s also eyeing a stud career from the 2017 breeding season. The Gary Portelli trained 7YO is looking in the finest form of his career, fresh from a convincing win in the prestigious Gr1 Manikato Stakes and preparing
Rebel Dane is breathing a lot easier these days and so is his trainer. Gary Portelli credits a successful throat operation and a change in his training methods with getting the horse back to Group One-winning form which he hopes he can transfer to the big stage in Hong Kong. Rebel Dane’s win in the
Gary Portelli, some 25 years ago, was dreaming of training racehorses in the ‘big smoke’ as he worked the nightshift, making pies at a bakery in Orange, a country town 254 kilometres west of the New South Wales state capital, Sydney. That dream became a reality in 1996 when the man who brings recent Group
It was probably the last thing Louis Mihalyka wanted to hear as he sat eating his lunch last Friday. Attending a special Cox Plate eve function, Mihalyka listened on as MC, Steve Moran discussed Rebel Dane’s chances in the Group One William Hill Manikato Stakes that night. Moran pointed out that Rebel Dane’s previous three